As a secondary co-operative, Students for Cooperation is owned and democratically controlled by its member student co-operatives.
Key decisions, policies and strategic decisions are made by Students for Cooperation’s sovereign body – Delegates’ Meetings – which are General Meetings of delegates sent by member co-operatives. Working Groups and Network Coordinators report to, and are held to account by this body.
Attached below are our current formal rules and policies, as approved by Delegates’ Meetings:
- SfC Values, Aims and Principles – What we stand for and why we exist.
- SfC Company Rules – Effectively our constitution, these are the core rules that govern us a limited company.
- SfC Democracy Regulations – These rules detail our democratic structures in more depth, and are easier to amend than the Company Rules.
- Safer Spaces Policies – Putting processes in place to help challenge oppression, and support the oppressed within SfC.
- Events Accommodation Policy – To ensure accommodation for events is well organised and accessible.
- Accessibility Working Group Policy – To establish a formal group working towards making SfC more accessible.
- Israeli Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Policy – Expressing SfC’s formal support of the boycott, and to show solidarity with the Palestinians.
- Network Coordinators’ Pay Policy – Outlining the role of waged NCs.
- SfC and Political Parties – Outlining SfC’s stance not to support any particular political party, and to deal with parties on an issue by issue basis.